Mack A. Gentry
Mack Gentry founded the firm in 1976. He is a native of Knoxville and a 1966 graduate of the University of Tennessee, where he played and coached football for the Volunteers and was an Academic All-American. Mr. Gentry graduated from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 1968 and later served as an officer in the United States Army. He holds an advanced LL.M. degree in Taxation from New York University and is a John Lyons Certified Horse Trainer.
Mr. Gentry has served in a large number of professional and community organizations during his career. His positions have included:
- Tennessee Federal Tax Institute, President and Member of the Board of Trustees
- YMCA of Metropolitan Knoxville, Chairman and Board of Directors
- University of Tennessee, College of Law Alumni Advisory Council
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Knoxville Chapter Board of Directors
- United Way, Chairman of the Professional Committee
- Southeastern Conference Football Officials Association, Chief of Referees
- East Tennessee Chapter of the National Football Foundation, Board of Directors
- Knoxville Sports Hall of Fame, Selection Committee
- The Rotary Club of Knoxville, Inc., President and Board of Directors
In addition, Mr. Gentry is listed in The Best Lawyers in America and Who’s Who in American Law.
Mr. Gentry has been admitted to practice law in all Tennessee courts, all Colorado courts, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. Claims Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He is a member of the Knoxville and Tennessee Bar Associations.
Primary Practice Areas:
- Federal, State & Local Taxation
- Estate Planning, Asset Management & Protection
- Business & Commercial
- Corporations & Entities
- Banking & Lending
865-525-5300 ext. 120